Home / PROJECTS / EU RED I
Project name: EU Support to Regional Economic Development in BiH (EU RED)
Agenore’s role: Agenore`s engaged in Development of MIS for RDAs
The European Regional Economic Development Project commenced in March of 2003 and ended in October 2005. Funded by the European Union (€3,2 million) it aimed to improve the economic environment throughout the country through an integrated regional approach. The main objective of the project was to create a framework for sustainable economic development in Bosnia and Herzegovina, which approximates to EU regional support systems such as structural funds.
- To contribute to the creation of economic regions and a regional development framework in line with EU principles;
- To support economic regeneration, job creation and human resources and infrastructure development in different regions.
The project's components were the following:
- Creating a framework for RED
- Establishing regional development agencies
- Financing a projects via the EU RED grant fund
- Assisting in drafting regional development strategies
Activity related to Agenore’s engagement: MIS for RDAs Network
To enable the future interaction between the five formed Regional Development Agencies, the RDA Network has been formed on an informal basis. The Management Information System has been developed to link the RDAs into network and provide on-line exchange of information and data bases, as well as on-line update of the socio-economic activities within the regions. MIS also improved a decision making process in RDAs.